Welcome to the Sheena Palmer missions page. I am so glad you are here! In the following you will learn about my call to become a missionary to New York City — the most influential city in the world!
a note from
"My name is Beau Lee, and I am Lead Pastor of Hope Hill Church in Manhattan — an exciting church plant that launched in January of 2015. Our good friend, Sheena, has been volunteering at Hope Hill church in Manhattan for the last 8 months, and what an amazing gift she has been to our congregation! She could not have been a more faithful co-laborer to my wife and I as we have planted a fresh, gospel-proclaiming church in this big city. Every time the doors have been open Sheena has been here, faithfully serving, building many relationships with our guests, serving behind the scenes in countless ways, and encouraging the believers who attend the church. As I sat back and thought about it, Sheena has perhaps raised the spiritual temperature of our entire congregation by 15% — single-handedly! This is incredible!
Considering the way that God has been using Sheena in this church, we have asked her to come on as the very first paid staff member of Hope Hill Manhattan. We believe that investing in Sheena is the wisest decision our small church can make because she is so effective in helping our church fulfill the Great Commission.
Because we are a new church in an extraordinarily expensive city, the cost for facilities for weekly services consumes the bulk of our church's finances. This is just the reality of doing ministry in the big city. Yet we excited to be able to take what we can and give it to Sheena to help cover her monthly expenses. But she will need more in New York City, and we are not capable of covering it all. I am asking you to prayerfully consider joining up with Sheena to push the Gospel forward in New York City by funding this amazing missionary. By doing this, you will bless our congregation more than you'll ever know, allowing Sheena — a proven and effective minister for the Lord — to follow her call to reach the nations in NYC.
Thank you for your partnership, and I pray that God will bless you for your generosity and kingdom-mindesness."
Beau Lee, Lead Pastor of Hope Hill Church
In the Heart of the Big City
- As the largest city in the United States, the New York metropolitan area is home to approximately 23.4 million residents. This includes 8.3 million people in New York City proper.
- New York City is the most linguistically diverse city in the world with as many as 800 different languages spoken. The term "melting pot" originated as a description New York City.
- 36% of NYC residents are foreign born, and more than 47% of those over the age of 5 speak a language other than English at home.
- Reaching NYC is reaching the nations with 800,000 Muslims, 400,000 Hindus, 650,000 Chinese, 2 million Jewish people, and countless people groups from vast parts of the world.
- It would take a total of 40,000 churches of 200 people to accommodate the entire population of New York City.
- If a 200-person congregation was to successfully evangelize 200 people every day, it would take 109 years to reach the entire city.
About My Role in NYC
I will be involved in ministry activity nearly every day of the week. Here is a link to some of the events and outreaches I will be playing key roles in: Hope Hill Events Page.
My weekly responsibilities in the church will include:
- Attend all Hope Hill meetings & outreaches (mid-week & weekend)
- Contribute creative & forward moving ideas for the strategy of Hope Hill
- Faithfully conduct one-on-one discipleship meetings with people who attend Hope Hill
- Oversee & excel in ministry media, including; Sound, Videography & editing, & Recording, editing, & posting podcasts of sermons
- Leading small groups
- Organize & execute strategy-aligned group outreaches (e.g., evangelism outings, flyer distribution, mission trips, retreats, workshops, etc.)
Each of these activities will help New Yorkers come to faith in the Savior and learn to live the life God has called them to live.
I'm excited to show my commitment to this mission, and I will be working as a part-time substitute teacher, while being on staff at Hope Hill Church. My goal is to raise $900 per month in order to make this vision happen. I plan to live a wise and frugal life while on the mission field, and the funding from my ministry partners will go toward simple things like rent, food, insurance, and other necessities.
Ways To Support
- One-Time Gift Ideas: $500, $1000, $2000, or what God may put on your heart.
- Monthly Recurring Giving Ideas: $50, $100, or $200 per month for 12 months, or however long God puts this on your heart.
All giving will go through Hope Hill Church's online giving platform below, and will then be given to Sheena.
Thank you in advance for all of your help! I know that our partnership will allow me to put quite a bit of time into leading people to faith in Jesus and discipling them to also becoming ministers for Jesus. God bless you!
begin supporting Sheena
How To Give One-Time Gifts:
- Enter gift amount in box below
- Click "Go"
- In the top right drop-down menu, select, "002"
- Fill out the rest of the form
How to Set-Up Monthly Recurring Giving:
- In the box below, select, "View Donor Portal" under the "Go" button
- Select the first box, "First Time? New User Registration"
- Create an account
- Select the box on the left that says, "Scheduled Giving, Automatic Recurring Donations"
- Choose a Fund: "002"
- Fill out the rest of the form including giving frequency, amount and start date
- Every month the amount you designate at your frequency will automatically be deducted from your account until you choose to change the settings.